Thursday, August 8, 2013

From Boring to FABULOUS!

Phew! I just finished a time consuming project! We moved about 4 months ago and I am still working on making this house our home. It's all in the details right? There was a large blank wall behind our love seat and it was just begging for something interesting! I had revamped an old dresser(older post) to hold our DVDs and it sat along that wall, but it was very blank with just a boring mirror and some frames. Was no show stopper! I craved something eye catching and fun. I had those family photos from the spring and hatched a plan for a family wall. I perused Pinterest and found some fabulous ideas! Here is the result!



I bought the rod from Rodworks online. Its a rod that is actually made for hanging photos which is handy! I had thought about just going to Walmart or Target for a window rod, but they hang out from the wall several inches. This rod saved me that hassle and only cost me $24. I went to Michael's while they were having a frame sale and got the 11x14 frames 50% off.  I added nick knacks I had on hand and some I bought on clearance at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and World Market. I shop sales and clearance to keep it in budget and you don't lose any value. I'm getting better at it! Then I ordered the Vinyl sign thru Etsy for $19.99. This process took me a few weeks since I was just slowly accruing pieces and ideas. We also painted the wall a cream color. I think it turned out pretty darn cute! Total cost was about $75-$100 for everything. Not bad! It accents the entire living room that it faces into, and I am very happy with how it turned out. Another project down!

Here are my Pins of inspiration!

 http://countrygirlhome.blogspot.ca/2011/10/my-new-hand-crafted-sofa-table.html

http://pinterest.com/pin/22869910577493787/

Both these are so cute and trendy! Visit their sites to see how they did theirs!

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment