This photo is from her blog! It was just way better than mine!
The orginal Pin:
1) You will need 2 bowls. One smaller and shorter than the other to fit inside the larger bowl.
2) Place your desired fruit in the smaller bowl. I used bananas because they said they work best, but she also used grapes. I think any fruit would work really. Anything ripe that is.
3) Fill the larger bowl with water and a little dish soap that is at least an inch deep and then place the smaller bowl with the fruit inside.
4) Take plastic wrap and put it tightly over the top of the bowl. You can use a rubber band or something like that to secure if you want, but mine staid fine.
5) Poke small holes randomly all over the plastic wrap just big enough for a fruit fly to climb through.
6) Set in a place where the flies are frequenting and watch the magic happen!
I must have caught 20 fruit flies this way in one night. I had no idea we had so many and over the course of a few days even more. Now I am fruit fly free! Yay! Try this, it works!