Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches!

My husband LOVES French Dip sandwiches, and whenever we eat out at a pub or diner, that's what he orders. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest by The Six Sisters' Stuff(Love this blog!) and knew I had to try it. Let me just say, this was absolutely beyond simple, and we all snarfed, yes snarfed, down these sandwiches and licked our lips in afterthought(I may or may not still be thinking about them!). Even my 7 year old had two and she's a light eater. Seriously, stop what your doing and make these asap!

The original Pin:
*This photo belongs to Six Sisters' Stuff. I did not manage a pretty photo because we were so focused on devouring!  :)

I served our sandwiches with waffle cut sweet potato fries and it was so good! This recipe is 3 ingredients in the crock pot and no effort at all. Just shred and serve!

Ingredients:
2-3lb Roast (I used a chuck roast)
2 cans Beef Consomme (14oz. You find this by the soups. I used Campbells)
Hoagie Buns 

What to do:
1) Place the roast in the crock pot. Pour the Beef Consomme over the roast. Cook on low 8-11 hours or on high 5-7hrs. (Mine was nice and tender in 5.)

2) When beef is cooked, take it out and shred. Place the shredded meat back in the juice. I let mine sit in there for about 10 minutes to soak up the last of the juices it could. 

3) Serve the beef on buns and with a side of fries or slaw. Use the remaining juice to dip the sandwiches. And heed my warning, one will not be enough! These are delicious! 

I cannot say enough about this recipe! Who doesn't love an easy day of cooking?! Visit the Six Sisters's Stuff at www.sixsistersstuff.com and check out more of their wonderful recipes and ideas! 

Enjoy! (Seriously, make these now!)

Happy Pinning!


2 comments: