A little paint and some TLC can go along way even with the ugliest of items!
In this case it was VERY easy.
1) Paint(I used 3 colors....the green, white, and beige)
2) Paint brush or roller
3) Painters tape
4) Top coat
1) In a well ventilated area, pain the base of the desk or item.
2) You may need more than one coat so step 2 is to do more coats until all even.
3) While the base is drying, paint the top all white.
4) Again another coat or two if needed.
5) When all is dry, tape or stencil on your design.
6) Paint the stencil area with enough paint to coat well.
7) Let all dry.
8) Pull off the tape or stencil.
9) Touch up any edges or smudges.
10) Top coat!
You're done! This took me only a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. I DIDN'T sand and DIDN'T use a primer. I used good old wall paint I had left over from Walmart in semi-gloss. I used 3 coats and it was good to go. It was really no sweat and it turned out dang cute!
Any boring item can be given new life with a coat of paint or some new fabric. I challenge you to try it! And I warn, its addictive to see your items transform!