My sister is a chef and after eating her cuisines and baked goods, I get very spoiled! Then I get depressed because I am no where near the cook she is. Ha! I cannot duplicate her mouth watering meals and scrumptious desserts, but I think I just found a simple recipe that I can finally use to impress her on her next visit. And its so simple! The Best-ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I have tried so many recipes I could have my own book. And like us all, I have a go to recipe I generally use because its safe, but its not great. Then I stumbled upon this recipe(Thank you Pinterest!) and it changed my life! Okay, not literally, but it is by far the BEST chocolate chip recipe I have come across. They are so soft and chewy, and there is no way I can be left alone in the kitchen with them! If your idea of a perfect chocolate chip cookie is crisp and stale, please walk away now... Ha!
I have a few extra tips to add to her recipe....
1) I use an air bake cookie sheet. They are not expensive or anything. Just a type of sheet that has air inbetween its layers for the best baking possible. No big deal if you don't have one! Just experiment with your baking times depending on the color of your baking sheet. Those darker ones usually cook faster.
2) Assume your oven is hotter than it thinks it is. Reduce your cook time by a minute or two or heat it to 340 instead of 350. You run less risk of over-baking. However she has modified her bake time for us. I found her 8 minutes to be perfect for mine.
3) I rolled the dough into balls instead of using a scooper or spoon. Just seems to make a prettier cookie.
4) And lastly, I don't have a fun KitchenAide mixer or one like it. I just used a good ol' hand held mixer.
The original Pin:http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2011/08/best-ever-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
She has a very cute site and many more recipes! Go take a look!
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Next, stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chunks. Please note that the dough may seem crumbly. That's okay! Keep mixing! Once rolled they form great! ( If it really is dry you may have under-measured the butter. Add a little more, but don't use more than 1 cup in total.)
4. Using a spoon or scoop to measure, roll dough into balls and drop onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (Please note that the tops will not brown. Do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool on the sheet or on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.
This recipe makes approx. 24 to 36 cookies depending on how big you like them.
*Small warning! Do not eat even one if you're on a diet! It will be all over! Ha! Wear stretchy pants! Enjoy!