Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fourth of July Fun!!!





I love the Fourth of July! Its a holiday that no matter how old I get, I always feel like a kid. The fun, the food, the fireworks! Growing up, we always had this big block party that my mom coordinated every year. Neighbors and friends would congregate on our front yard with desserts and fireworks, and the party lasted for hours! Kids ran around with sparklers and poppers, and the dads formed a group in the middle of the street lighting up the main event. My dad always went out of his way to get some of the illegal kind that rocketed into the sky for the finale. I'm not sure it was a picturesque Norman Rockwell painting or anything, but my memories are sure rosy and warm. I appreciate what my family and neighbors did and have a happy fondness of the holiday. Not only that, but they instilled a sense of pride and love for our amazing country!

So to honor America's birthday, here are some fun ideas and links to help kickoff your celebration!


First off, how about some fun Red, White, and Blue sweets!
Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats cute for July 4th, Memorial Day, or Labor Day recipe
http://www.craftbyphoto.com/red-white-and-blue-rice-krispies-treats/?crlt.pid=camp.N6hvWXGSLGgY

Firecracker Cookies with Pop Rocks - Reasons To Skip The Housework

How about some food ideas for that BBQ or party!
4 great 4th of July party snacks!

10 4th of July recipes!

Its not ALL about the food, how about some fun crafts!
35 Patriotic 4th of July Kids Crafts & Activities

You know how I love a good wreath!
Patriotic 4th of July Burlap Red Faux Burlap Wreath by TowerDoorDecor, $35.00

4th-of-July-Ribbon-Wreath-from-landeelu


How about a fun free printable?!

God Bless the USA Free Printable (two different versions available). Great for Memorial Day or 4th of July!

I honestly could go on and on for pages. There are so many fun and creative ideas on Pinterest! We all know how it sucks you in. Admit it, you go to look for a recipe and next thing you know its been over an hour! Ha!

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July! 

-Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment