Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summertime wreath!

Ok, so last week I showed you my front door make-over. I'm really liking it! I am enjoying its simplicity, especially since it didn't break the bank and it adds something fun before you even enter my home. A preview, so to speak....

Today I'm going to show you how to make a pretty Summertime wreath. Woot! Bring on some color! I saw this wreath on Pinterest and it hung on a navy door. I said to myself, "I MUST HAVE THAT!" and so began the make-over. The wreath itself was honestly one of the easiest to put together(no really!) and with very minimal effort. Just the supplies, hot glue, some floral wire, and about an hour of my time. I wish I could say it was under $20 but it was closer to about $25-$30. Still not bad! And its so easy, even those who consider them selves "craftless" can do it!

So here it is...My pretty summertime wreath (on my new blue door)!


Here's the How To:

Supplies:

1) A grapevine or twig/branch type wreath. ($6.99 full price at Hobby Lobby)
2) A green small leaf type garland. (Hobby Lobby on sale 50% off, so it was about $8)
3) A flower spray type garland. (Hobby Lobby on sale 50% off, so $8 as well)
4) Wood letter of your last name or a monogram. Whatever you want to hang in the middle.(Hobby Lobby at about $3)
5) Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
6) Floral wire.
7) Your choice of ribbon. I used burlap ribbon.
8) Small piece of twine.
9) Your choice of paint for your wood letter.

To Make:

1) Paint or even modge podge your wooden letter and let dry. Set aside for later.
2) Using floral wire, secure the green garland to the wood branches of the wreath. Its going to hang somewhere so make sure its on there nice and tight!
3) On top of the green garland, add the floral garland using the floral wire as well. Secure this in several places over and under the other garland. Nice and tight! 
4) Use hot glue gun to add additional security where you think it needs it.
5) Make a bow from your ribbon and chose where you want to fasten it. I used both floral wire and hot glue.
6) Underneath your bow, hang your letter using the twine. Secure the twine to the actual branch part of the wreath for security. 
7) Hang on your front door!

That's it! No wrapping, pinning, flower making, or hot gluing your fingers together. Ha! So easy!

Here is the Pin of inspiration:
Make this diy spring wreath with supplies found at any craft store. Complete tutorial with pictures. Anyone can do this!

Her blog is SUPER cute and she has the original tutorial on her site with more photos as well. Hop on over and have a look!

Next week I am showing you how to paint a front door properly. Stay tuned!

As always, Happy Pinning!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment